Sign up for our Newsletter!

×

Emboss on Vellum

By Tammy Cunliffe
Posted in Inspiration, on August 06, 2016

Tammy Louise here at the LDRS Creative blog and You Tube Tutorial channel!  I've colored on Vellum!!  I love trying knew techniques and I can't wait to share it with you all!  

I hope none of you missed the recent release!  The stamps, dies and folders are WONDERFUL!  As a matter of fact, today I'm going to use the NEW Timeless Embossing Folder.  

There are two folders in the set.  One that is full of beautiful cogs and wheels that match perfectly with the NEW steam punk genre dies, and the other I used today in my project, is LOADED with dragon flies, butterflies and cogs!

I want to share the process with you step by step so here goes:

1.  Run a piece of Vellum through your machine in the embossing folder.

2.  There are always two different sides to each medium when embossing.  There is a positive side (embossed upwards) and a negative side (debossed downward).  In order to create this appearance today, were going to color in the debossed side!

3.  I'm using colored pencils today!  Three different shades of each color.  From the center of each dragonfly and cog, I start with the darkest color and move outward to the tips of the wings and tails using first the medium tone then the lightest tone.

4   Be sure to stay withing the hollow area!  Don't go up over the ridge of the object.

5.  Turn the Vellum over!  That's it!  This effect comes through beautifully on the positive side of the Vellum!  

6  Today, I used some white gel to add dots to the dragonflies that didn't have holes in the wings because I think it adds detail.  Also, I used Glossy Accents to add some texture and shine to the cogs!  Again on the positive side.  

7  Adhere the vellum to a colored piece of stock then apply your matted artwork to a scored card!  

I added a cute little sentiment stamp from the NEW Amazing Girls Sentiment Set and propped it up on one of the dies from the NEW Majestic Label Die set.  If you look close, you can see that I also cut one KEY TAILED DRAGONFLY DIE and one of the cogs that come in the set (popped up with a pop dot) from vellum and glued it down at the center of the body and arched the wings outward for a bit of volume to the card.

Here's a closeup:

I hope you enjoyed today's project!!  There's a You Tube video to follow this post so you can watch the project get transformed LIVE!!  

Until next time friends,

Tammy Louise


Sign up to recieve inspiration right to your Inbox!


Comments

No comments have been posted.

Leave a comment

Comments must be approved before being published.