Mixed media book cover
Posted on June 21 2016
Hope you all are having a great start of the week.
Today I want to share on more different way to use our products: mixed media.
Our dies are amazing to create/add texture to mixed media and other kind of projects.
For this project I have used below dies and stamps:
And here my project and some close ups of it:
If you would like to do a similar notebook cover, here some step by step on how to make it:
1. Choose a hard cover notebook and cover it with a thin coat of gesso
2. Add some color to it using mist/inks/sprays (I used lilac and pink)
3. Add some texture with molding paste and stencil or use your favorite LDRS dies as masks (cleaning it well so you can cut paper later on too!)
4. Glue the shapes you cute with LDRS dies as you'd like. I have chosen to create a but of bulk in the center to showcase the sentiment.
5. Splash a contrast color on top of everything (I have used a dark blue)
6. Add a metal frame to the sentiment so it stand out even more :)
7. Add ribbon, lace and strass/embellishments as prefered.
Hope you have enjoyed and I'm looking forward to see your creations on our facebook page/group!