Super Sprigs Stamps and Emboss Resist!
Posted on March 11 2018
Hello and welcome back, crafty friends! Today I'm sharing with you a "technique" project! I hope to show you how to create stamps out of dies as well as the emboss resist technique! I'll also be highlighting NEW products in my project today!
Let's start with the dies. I used the fantastic new Super Sprigs Die Set to create my "stamps". This is super easy and a great way to get more use out of your supplies! Instead of using the dies on cardstock, I used a piece of fun foam. You will be amazed at how well these dies cut the foam!
To attach the die cuts to a clear block, I used my tape runner adhesive. TIP: when you remove the foam from the block, there will be glue residue on your block. No worries, a little rubbing alcohol or stamp cleaner will easily remove it!!
Next, I did a watercolour wash using some water based inks onto some watercolour paper. Nothing fancy.
I did do a few splashes of water for a bit of an effect. I then inked up my "Sprig Stamps" with an embossing ink. Make sure you load up the stamps, because they are foam, they will absorb a bit of the ink! I stamped the images repeatedly over the watercolored background and added clear embossing powder.
You can see the shine of the embossing powder. To really make those images pop off the paper, simply add clear water over top to remove some of the background colour. The ink/colour under the embossed images will remain dark! Here's a look at what it looks like after some of the colour is removed.
I trimmed down this panel to be slightly smaller than an A2 card base. To keep with the floral/greenery theme, I used one of the stamps from the beautiful new Let Love Grow Stamp Set. I used the same paper and inks to colour that beautiful tulip image.
As you can see, I fussy cut the image right up to the stamped line. I also used a sentiment from the same set and stamped it onto a label die from the Majestic Rectangle Labels Set.
For a bit of added interest, I die cut a heart from the new Lovelette Die Set out of vellum. I adhered all the pieces together and adhered them to the center of the card.
I finished off with a few embellishments and added some sparkle to the flower!
Thank you so much for joining me today!! I hope I've given you a little inspiration!!
Until next time...