I started by stamping the ‘x’ pattern stamp from the Dahlia stamp set several times on an A2-sized panel of white cardstock. I stamped on opposite corners of the panel. Then, I adhered the panel to an A2 card base.
Next, on heavyweight vellum, I applied a number of blue, teal, and purple alcohol inks. I blended the colors with isopropyl alcohol and added texture by splattering clear isopropyl alcohol and the same alcohol ink colors all over the panel. Once I was happy with the saturation and texture, I set the vellum panel aside to dry completely.
While my panel was drying, I die cut the large flower from the Perfect Petals Layering Dies set from white cardstock. I die cut the leaves from an extra piece of vellum that I splattered with blue alcohol ink. The flower center was die cut from teal and silver cardstock. I adhered the flower together, slightly curling the petals for dimension, and popped it up on the alcohol ink background. I heat embossed a sentiment from the Dahlia stamp set in silver embossing powder and adhered to the card front. Inside the card, I stamped ‘amazing’ in black ink so the full sentiment reads ‘Thank you for being so amazing’.
To adhere the vellum panel to the card base, I backed the entire panel with double sided adhesive. I love how the stamping peeks through the vellum layer.
Pro tip: Double sided adhesive is usually very sticky. So be extra sure where you are sticking your card element!
Thanks for stopping by the blog; it’s been a pleasure guest designing for LDRS!