Hello there, Sam here. Playing with the recent LDRS Creative festive Holiday Release. Partial stamping can change up the look and feel of an image and stretch the use of a stamp set. Simply by masking off the mantel and drawing on longer lines for the stockings in The Stockings Were Hung stamp set you get a brand new look.
- Die cut letters n, o, e & l from the Kringle Alphas Jumbo Dies from glitter card stock. Cut 2 additional sets of letters from white cardstock.
- Cut a light blue panel with the A2 Diagonal Stitched Layered Card Toppers using the middle die size (3 7/8" x 5 1/8")
- Grab an A2 size (4 1/4” x 5 1/2”) card base.
Get the look:
- Since the mantel is a simple straight line it is easy to create a mask. Using The Stockings Were Hung stamp cover the edge of the mantel with masking tape, post-it or simply a piece of paper while inking the stamp up. Remove mask and stamp stockings onto white cardstock.
- Using the The Stockings Were Hung stencil ink blend over the stockings in your favourite colours. For additional detail add some shading with 2 colours of ink blend over stencil and/or markers or pencils. For some bling use glitter or metallic pens to trace the details.
- Position and die cut the stockings with the large label from the Stitched Decorative Label Die so stocking image is biased to one end. Cut the opposing end off of shape to create a straight edge. Extend the lines with a black pen and ruler to edge of the label shape.
- Adhere the light blue panel centred onto an A2 card base.
- Adhere the stocking panel ontop of blue panel.
- Glue the noel glitter letters onto the 2 stacked pieces of white noel letters to give them some sturdiness and depth.
- Adhere noel sentiment to the card overlapping the stocking panel.
Happy Papercrafting : )