Sam here on the blog today with a way to modify your die cuts and come up with a whole new look for them. I will be modifying the Home Design Dies with the Foliage Add-Ons dies. Instead of creating a large home with the die I will be creating lots of mini homes. By using the the left and right side of the main house die and a simple cut with the scissors you can stretch the use of the die and create small colourful mini homes.
Get the look:The Home Design Dies and the Foliage Add-Ons are a collection of smallish dies which make this project perfect to use up all the colourful leftover scrap card stock you may have.
- Since this card is all about stretching the possibilities of the Home Design Dies lets start with how to create the mini houses.
- Because I am creating multiple mini houses I thought it easier to create a card stock template. Simply die cut the main house peice out of white card stock. With a ruler draw a line following the roof line down and line up from base to the roof line. Then cut out the template. (See template image for reference.)
- Continue to die cut the main house peice out of multiple colours of card stock. Two mini houses can be cut from each main house die cut using the template. You can either a) line up the template and cut directly around or b) trace template then cut. (See template image for reference.)
- To build the mini houses die cut additional house elements out of colourful card stock and separate components into little dishes. A muffin tin works well as for sorting.
- Then basically it is a matter of playing around and having fun, pulling the little houses together.
- The other main element you will need for the card is to die cut the Over The Hills border die. Die cut a variety of greens to add interest when layering the hills.
- To build the card take a slimline card base that is 8 1/2” x 3 1/2” and arrange the hill sides, mini houses and any other little elements from the Home Design Dies and the Foliage Add-Ons you like.
- To finish the card take the Happy Me, Happy You Stack Stamp, stamp and heat emboss white on green card stock. Then with the Sentiment Stack Die II die cut out the sentiments, pick and adhere a sentiment to your final layout.