Hi there, Sam here. The Big Word Love Die from the recent LDRS November Collection is perfect for creating with both the positive and the negative elements. And because I wanted my cards to have a spring vibe I combined the Love sentiment with the Flower Doodles Collection. Also the large ‘O’ opening in the negative portion of the Love sentiment was just calling out for a flower in the centre of it.
Get the Look:
- Before getting into anything else, start by stamping, stencilling and die cutting the Flower Doodles Collection.
- I chose to stamp the stamp set 3 times in Alloy ink and coloured with the stencils in a variety of ink colour combos to give me an abundance of flower options for the cards. The colours I used were Key Lime, Olive Branch, Pink Tutu, Peachy Keen, Lipstick Jungle and Dan-d-lion. One set of stamped flowers I kept the petals white like a daisy with just some simple alcohol ink shading in grey.
- Die cut out the florals and leaves.
- Die cut the Big Word Love die once out of pink card stock and 4 times out of 3 3/4” x 5” white card stock. Back the pink ‘Love’ die cut with 4 additional die cut ‘Love’ pieces of card stock to create depth. The alternative is just to back the pink love die with foam tape. Make sure to save the negative 'Love’ die cuts to build the shaker card.
- Die cut the “You” from Big Word Love die from white card stock. I chose to back the sentiment with 2 additional die cut pieces from scrap white card stock for strength and dimension. Swipe the Key Lime ink over the top “You” so the green matches the leaves.
- Die cut the “With” from Circle Phrases die from white card stock. I chose to back the sentiment with 2 additional die cut pieces from scrap white card stock for strength and dimension.
- All the components are prepped it is now a matter of pulling the cards together
- Start by ink blending some Key Lime ink on the centre of a front panel of an A2 size card base.
- Play around with which flowers and greenery to use and position them in and around the pink “Love” sentiment. Tucking some florals under and some adhered on top of the word ‘Love’. To make the florals stronger I backed them with a blank die cuts from the Flower Doodles Collection.
- Adhere the “Love” die along with the florals and greenery to the ink blended background.
- Adhere the ‘With’ sentiment at the centre of the “Love” die.
- Finally embellish with some little hearts.
- Using one of the negative die cut 3 3/4” x 5” ‘Love’ panels, position and glue the florals and greenery to the back of the ‘Love’ opening.
- Time to build a shaker: Add a sheet of acetate behind the ‘Love’ and florals.
- It is possible to create a shaker using foam tape, but since I have already die cut multiples of the negative ‘Love’ panel I find it just as easy to build the shaker frame by glueing the die cut layers.
- On an additional blank 3 3/4” x 5” panel ink blend on Pink Tutu and/or Lipstick Jungle.
- Take an assortment of sparkly sequins and gems from your stash and fill the ‘Love’ shaker well. Adhere the ink blended panel to back to seal off the shaker.
- Adhere the shaker panel on top an A2 cream colour card base.
- Lastly glue on the ‘you’ sentiment.