Hey there, its Sam and I’m back with a shape card. Today's card features the stamp set Log Cabin and Campfire Friends. I really love that the cabin is a fairly large stamp and with the die it makes the perfect size for a shaped card. All that you really have to decide is which campfire friends you would like to add in front of the log cabin.
Get the Look:
- Overall it is fairly simple to add a few of the Campfire Friends in front of the Log Cabin with a little bit of masking. If you have a stamp postioner use that because it can help take guess work out of which stamp to stamp first.
- From Campfire Friends and Log Cabin stamp set; first place the log cabin on a piece of white card stock and then position campfire characters overtop of the log cabin. When you close the stamp positioner lid the campfire characters will stick to the lid, while the cabin won’t. Remove the cabin and using alcohol friendly ink stamp the critters on card stock. Then stamp critters on masking paper, cut out and place over images.
- Position the cabin over the stamped and masked campfire characters. Now stamp the cabin. So excited that that the 2 critters bundled up in the blanket fit perfectly on the bench. And the bench tucks so nicely in front of the tree. Stamp sets are thought through so well to work together.
- Remove masks and colour the scene with your alcohol markers.
- If your not a fan of masking you can totally skip these steps and get a very similar look by colouring the critters, die cutting and then simply arranging them over the cabin.
- Using the new Happy Me, Happy You sentiment stack, stamp and white heat emboss the sentiments on black card stock. The sentiment stack 2 die is so great and cuts out the collections of sentiments so that you have many options for this and future cards.
- Die cut the coloured log cabin image, along with 2 additional blank die cut white cardstock panels.
- Since I used alcohol markers I glued one of the blank log cabin panels to the back of the coloured panel. Add a score line near the top of the second blank panel (approximately 1/2” from top)
- Adhere glue above the score line and attach it to the front panel to create the cutest little log cabin shaped card.
Hope you enjoyed the card and learned a few things along the way. Happy papercrafting : )