Tropical Shadow Box
Posted on June 01 2022
GET THE LOOK: Shadow Box Components
- In order to create the shadow box you need 2 identical 6 1/2” x 4 1/4” heavy weight card stock panels. First piece will create the back panel and 2nd piece eventually will have a die cut square opening will create the front panel.
- Start by scoring both panels 1 1/8” in from each side. See Image A. (Pencil lines are for visual reference)
- Back panel at this point is complete.
- Take one of the panels and place the 3 3/8" x 4 5/8" size die from the A2 Diagonal Stitched Layered Card Toppers Die 3/8” in from the score line and 3/8" in from the top. Partial die cut so that the opening ends 3/8” away from the 2nd score line. Place die on opposite side and partially die cut the opposite direction. See image B for reference. (Pencil lines are for visual reference)
- If you would like to keep this design for future reference simply cut a 3rd 6 1/2” x 4 1/4” card panel and pencil in all the score and die cut lines and measurements. Easy reference for the next time you want to make a shadow box.
You will also need to cut out what will be the platform strips for adhering critters and accessories on. Cut 1 x 5 1/2" x 1 1/4” and 1 x 5 1/2” x 3/4” card stock strips or more depending on how many platforms you want. Score tabs at 1/2” in from each end of the strip, this will allow platforms to be glued to side panels of the shadow box